Skip to main content

Dusty Feet by Amber Barber



    How often do you think about dirty feet? Probably not often. We walk through stores with them, we run on them, walk barefoot, wear terrible (but cute) shoes. They are our means to get around and how we get where we need to go. Recently, I have had two surgeries on my feet. I was down. I could not get around. I was stuck at home with my husband and my son. I was dependent on what they would graciously do for me. Sure, I had a scooter and a boot, but I couldn’t get to the car myself or get in bed myself. Forget about driving. I was solely dependent on these men to help me. Don’t mistake me...  My husband was an amazing nurse, but I was down for a while!  I am a MOVER, girls! If you know me, you know I am ALWAYS on the go and I do not move slow! The Lord slowed me down fast. Whilst I was in the midst of my pity party about life not looking like what I thought it would be, the Lord reminded me of the woman in Luke 7(36-50). She was a sinner and she knew it, but it didn’t stop her from washing Jesus’ feet with all she had to offer. Y’all – feet.  Back then they wore sandals EVERYWHERE! Talk about some dusty feet. She didn’t care if they smelled or if they were dirty. She brought Jesus all she had and her most prized possession just to wash his FEET! Simon tried to tell the Lord who she was, but Jesus wanted no part of it. He allowed her to wash his feet. Honestly the Bible doesn’t even mention her name, but you better believe Jesus knew her by name!
    Sisters she was a sinner, just like you and me. But Jesus still gave her His time and so much more! When you think of how she just wanted a moment with Jesus so desperately, she was weeping on his feet and using her tears and perfume to wash His feet and dry them with her hair. I begin to wonder as I wept over my lack of feet, what did this woman want so badly from Jesus that she would wash His feet? She knew she was a sinner and she brought to Jesus the best she had to offer. I wondered what am I bringing before Jesus. My leftovers after a hard day, my complaints, my sins, my junk? This unnamed woman brought her best and Jesus gave her something immense.
‘Jesus said to the woman, “Because you believed, you are saved from your sins. Go in peace.’” (Luke 7:50)


What a gift! Ladies today I ask you what are you bringing before the Lord? Is it your best or your leftovers?

Guess what? It doesn’t matter to Jesus! He wants all of you. He wants every part of you. He desires for you to come to Him weeping or rejoicing.

After all, my sweet sisters, if He can turn water in to wine, he can turn your junk into treasure.
And ladies… you ARE His treasure. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Released Retreat Registration NOW OPEN!

Beltway Women…it’s time to register for the spring RELEASED Retreat!! RELEASED was designed as a companion to the Men’s Boot Camp and was a huge success last year.  If you have the desire to get away with friends and discover your heart again…this is for you!  Join Beltway Women and travel on buses to the beautiful Glen Lake Retreat Center in Glen Rose, Texas for a 3-day adventure. You will have the opportunity to be RELEASED from your past wounds and failures…and be RELEASED into the Kingdom to make an eternal impact.  Invite your friends and life group so you can experience fellowship and activities, worship, teachings, ministry time, small group discussion and alone time with God. Registration is open through April 15th, but don’t miss the Early Bird fee of $165 ($75 deposit required) Click HERE to register and you can also see a video from last year’s retreat. Contact DeAnna Fields for more information or to volunteer.  We would love for you to be part of our team!

Guest Post-The Importance of the Secret Place

This week, our guest blogger is Hannah Holmes.  Hannah is a stay at home mom with a passion to write and share the love of Jesus wherever she goes.  Hannah has served on the Women's Vision Team in the past and is currently serving on the worship team, healing and prayer team and several other ministries.  She is a gifted musician and loves spending time with The Lord as He unlocks His deepest mysteries in her heart.  You can find Hannah at www.hannahboneholmes.com The Importance of the Secret Place There was once a time when I thought my “ Quiet Time ” with the Lord  had to fit into a prescribed method.  In fact, when I heard about people who avidly set aside time in their “prayer closet,” I always wondered how they did things.  What was the magic structure that made the time  right  before God ? Was it, like…: 3 minutes – reading daily devotional 14 minutes – reading the Bible 8 minutes – praying, (using the ACTS method, of course!!) ADORATION (15 seconds)

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the Beltway Women blog!! We are excited to share our hearts and important Beltway Women info on this format, and we can't wait to start posting some blog entries. First of all, we want to make you all aware of the next great event for Beltway Women.  Thursday, September 26th from 6:30-8:30pm, Beltway Women is hosting "Let's Get Together" and we hope that you will mark your calendars and attend!  We are hosting this event for several reasons: Celebrate the Lord's work at the RELEASED retreat in April Promote the RELEASED retreat for 2014 Encourage community and friendship within our life groups Provide a venue to help connect more women into life groups Introduce you to our Beltway Women Leadership It will also be my pleasure to introduce you to Beltway's Elders' and Pastors' wives and our female pastoral team.  These are 32 incredible women who play an important role of leadership within our church, and I want you to me