Skip to main content

Breakthrough by Audra Butler


I have been feeling some very strange and growing emotions since quarantine began.  I can’t define them. The only way to describe them are jumbled and cloudy.  It’s as if my mind and heart are growing cloudier with each day.

I was texting back and forth last night with a dear sister (because that’s what you do in quarantine 😂).  Her texts to me were the exact feelings I had been experiencing.  It was confirmation that we were to start praying for breakthrough.

I woke up early this morning and was so ready to sit in His presence, open His word, read what He had for me and hear His sweet voice.  But, when I looked outside, the sunrise caught me!  I immediately ran out to enjoy the pinks and oranges filling the sky.  Then, I turned the opposite way and I was in awe of the almost full moon and a Great Blue Heron sitting so majestically on the neighbor’s pier.  Our Creator’s beauty always outdoes itself and speaks an infinite amount of words. 

I came back in and sat down... I did open His word... and He led me to Colossians 1:17, “He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.”  I love this!  Yes, He does hold ALL things together because they have gone through HIS hands!  Then, I scrolled up to Colossians 1:16...

“For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.”

All things have been created through Him and FOR Him.  Yes, beautiful comfort. THIS SEASON IS MADE FOR HIM... whatever that looks like... regardless of how cloudy.

I was searching my page when I saw that I had written, “Psalm 139” in my Bible at some point... so, I turned there.  This entire Psalm from David has beautiful truths throughout it.  I have read this Psalm many times in the past, but, something struck me...

“If I say, ‘Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me, even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.’” Psalm 139:11-12

Then, He took me back to the place I stood moments before I opened his Word.  When I faced the East, the beginning of a new day was right in front of me and when I turned to the West, a dark night was coming to an end.  This visual of His majesty paired with His Living Word was the BIGGEST answer to my prayers.  Even in my darkness, He is still light. He is still clarity.  He still sees and knows in perfect order without confusion.  All of these things- jumbled, unclear, unsure things- are filtering through His beautiful hands.  And He is the One guiding me!  I can rest in this truth!  Even the darkness is not dark to my God... Thank You, Holy Spirit, for this breakthrough of Your truth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Released Retreat Registration NOW OPEN!

Beltway Women…it’s time to register for the spring RELEASED Retreat!! RELEASED was designed as a companion to the Men’s Boot Camp and was a huge success last year.  If you have the desire to get away with friends and discover your heart again…this is for you!  Join Beltway Women and travel on buses to the beautiful Glen Lake Retreat Center in Glen Rose, Texas for a 3-day adventure. You will have the opportunity to be RELEASED from your past wounds and failures…and be RELEASED into the Kingdom to make an eternal impact.  Invite your friends and life group so you can experience fellowship and activities, worship, teachings, ministry time, small group discussion and alone time with God. Registration is open through April 15th, but don’t miss the Early Bird fee of $165 ($75 deposit required) Click HERE to register and you can also see a video from last year’s retreat. Contact DeAnna Fields for more information or to volunteer.  We would love for you to be part of our team!

Guest Post-The Importance of the Secret Place

This week, our guest blogger is Hannah Holmes.  Hannah is a stay at home mom with a passion to write and share the love of Jesus wherever she goes.  Hannah has served on the Women's Vision Team in the past and is currently serving on the worship team, healing and prayer team and several other ministries.  She is a gifted musician and loves spending time with The Lord as He unlocks His deepest mysteries in her heart.  You can find Hannah at www.hannahboneholmes.com The Importance of the Secret Place There was once a time when I thought my “ Quiet Time ” with the Lord  had to fit into a prescribed method.  In fact, when I heard about people who avidly set aside time in their “prayer closet,” I always wondered how they did things.  What was the magic structure that made the time  right  before God ? Was it, like…: 3 minutes – reading daily devotional 14 minutes – reading the Bible 8 minutes – praying, (using the ACTS method, of course!!) ADORATION (15 seconds)

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the Beltway Women blog!! We are excited to share our hearts and important Beltway Women info on this format, and we can't wait to start posting some blog entries. First of all, we want to make you all aware of the next great event for Beltway Women.  Thursday, September 26th from 6:30-8:30pm, Beltway Women is hosting "Let's Get Together" and we hope that you will mark your calendars and attend!  We are hosting this event for several reasons: Celebrate the Lord's work at the RELEASED retreat in April Promote the RELEASED retreat for 2014 Encourage community and friendship within our life groups Provide a venue to help connect more women into life groups Introduce you to our Beltway Women Leadership It will also be my pleasure to introduce you to Beltway's Elders' and Pastors' wives and our female pastoral team.  These are 32 incredible women who play an important role of leadership within our church, and I want you to me