Skip to main content

Meet Magen Roberson

Next in our line-up of "Amazing Women of Beltway" introductions is Magen Roberson, wife (of 8-years) to Keith (Pastor of Adult Ministries), and stay-at-home SuperMom to 4 blessed bundles of joy and energy!

 When Magen was a little girl, the extent of her aspirations of marriage centered primarily around her childhood crush on John Michael Montgomery (yes, the country singer!).  So, as you can imagine, she never really anticipated her future as a pastor's wife.  As she grew older, her heart's desire was to marry someone who loved her, loved truth passionately, and was trustworthy to follow the Truth.  When the Lord brought Keith into her life, He was faithful to fulfill and exceed her expectations, as He brought her a man (who happened to be a pastor) who met every standard she set forth.  Not only that, but through their love, the Lord brought John Michael Montgomery's lyrics "I Love the Way You Love Me" to life, making them a reality beyond any childhood fairy tale aspiration Magen may have imagined.  Looking back, she is beyond grateful that she was able to step out in, what she calls, her biggest leap of faith (thus overcoming her fear of finding a marriage that would thrive and last), in marrying Keith!!  The Lord has been faithful to fulfill the many promises He gave her concerning their marriage, and has instilled a sense of "steady confidence and peace" in their lives.

Soon after they married, the Lord began using the marriage relationship to reveal the greater plans He had for Magen.  He began to establish in her  a deeper level of sincere humility, breaking off old wounds and pride, and ushering her into the true freedom that comes through intimacy with Jesus.  "Now, meeting with Jesus is my truest, deepest longing and joy.  There is no freedom apart from hearing His heart for me.  Though I'm far from flawless, in terms of my discipline, the Lord knows, sees, and responds to my sincere desire to be close to Him.  He answers me and provides graciously for me every single day, no exceptions.  He has given grace for me to understand that my every hope is in Him.  No more depending on Magen to do it right!  I just need, need, need Jesus.  Needing and finding Jesus means freedom!"
The past 6 years of Magen's life can be summed up in a word.  Babies!!  Four of them, to be exact.  Magen never imagined she would have 4 babies in 5 years, and she describes, "That was a lot of pregnancy...really close together!"  And, oh what joy those babies bring!!  She is passionate about her family, and she exudes the essence of what it means to be invested in her family, as a stay-at-home mom.  She uses her spiritual gifts of faith and teaching to guide her family toward a closer walk with God.  "I love helping to build faith into my family by praying for specific things and then seeing God do it!  I have watched the Lord bring things like physical healing, supernatural and instant peace to fights over toys, and also things like lizards to the window for my critter-loving daughter as she prayed.  I am passionate about helping build their knowledge of God into everything we say and do, big or small.  To my kids, the reality of Jesus is the foundation of everything.  Teaching them this truth has been my passion since they were born."

Among her other spiritual gifts are wisdom, exhortation, and evangelism. "I love me some grocery store aisle ministry!  Usually, my boldness with strangers involves giving direct exhortation to them as I hear the Lord speak it to me.  Such a fun adventure!"  

I would venture to say that another one of her gifts (although she didn't name it, specifically) is creative expression.  She is passionate about knowing truth and writing or speaking it out, and she loves singing, baking, decorating, photography, and making art with her children!  

Among her other favorite hobbies are shopping, date nights, and catching bugs with her kids.  (Now that's a good Mama, right there!!)  She loves the ocean, values time with her girlfriends, and enjoys deep meaningful conversations (most likely over a nice cup of joe.  Bold and dark, to be specific).

In order to deal with anxiety, Magen knows to go to the Source of perfect peace.  "If I'm anxious about something, I can't relax until I've prayed through it.  I love to be alone with Jesus so I can sort through whatever is going on, or have Keith there to process with me and pray for me."

Speaking of anxiety, I'm guessing she may have suffered a little bit of anxiety in college, in response to what she describes as her most embarrassing moment.  "I joined a Presbyterian church as a student at Texas Tech University.  I'd never seen Communion by Intinction before (where you dip your bread in a cup of wine).  As the line filtered through and it came to my turn, I had not been paying attention.  I thought you were actually supposed to drink from the cup.  I grabbed the cup from the senior pastor, who half tried to let go/half tried to hold on (with a look of confusion, and maybe disgust, on his face!) and I drank directly from the cup.  His furrowed brow tipped me off that I had done it wrong, and then my friend's face, red from laughter, confirmed it.  The room was super quiet and I'm sure several people saw what I did.  Ouch.  Embarrassing!"

Hmmmm.  I wonder if Keith knows about that... 

As you can see, this woman is a remarkable example of one who seeks after God's own heart and guides her family with humility and surrender.  We have so much to learn from her, and we hope you will join us at Let's Get Together on September 26th at 6:30pm to get to know her a little better!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Post-The Importance of the Secret Place

This week, our guest blogger is Hannah Holmes.  Hannah is a stay at home mom with a passion to write and share the love of Jesus wherever she goes.  Hannah has served on the Women's Vision Team in the past and is currently serving on the worship team, healing and prayer team and several other ministries.  She is a gifted musician and loves spending time with The Lord as He unlocks His deepest mysteries in her heart.  You can find Hannah at www.hannahboneholmes.com The Importance of the Secret Place There was once a time when I thought my “ Quiet Time ” with the Lord  had to fit into a prescribed method.  In fact, when I heard about people who avidly set aside time in their “prayer closet,” I always wondered how they did things.  What was the magic structure that made the time  right  before God ? Was it, like…: 3 minutes – reading daily devotional 14 minutes – reading the Bible 8 minutes – praying, (using the ACTS method, of course!!) ADORATION (15 seconds)

Released Retreat Registration NOW OPEN!

Beltway Women…it’s time to register for the spring RELEASED Retreat!! RELEASED was designed as a companion to the Men’s Boot Camp and was a huge success last year.  If you have the desire to get away with friends and discover your heart again…this is for you!  Join Beltway Women and travel on buses to the beautiful Glen Lake Retreat Center in Glen Rose, Texas for a 3-day adventure. You will have the opportunity to be RELEASED from your past wounds and failures…and be RELEASED into the Kingdom to make an eternal impact.  Invite your friends and life group so you can experience fellowship and activities, worship, teachings, ministry time, small group discussion and alone time with God. Registration is open through April 15th, but don’t miss the Early Bird fee of $165 ($75 deposit required) Click HERE to register and you can also see a video from last year’s retreat. Contact DeAnna Fields for more information or to volunteer.  We would love for you to be part of our team!

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to the Beltway Women blog!! We are excited to share our hearts and important Beltway Women info on this format, and we can't wait to start posting some blog entries. First of all, we want to make you all aware of the next great event for Beltway Women.  Thursday, September 26th from 6:30-8:30pm, Beltway Women is hosting "Let's Get Together" and we hope that you will mark your calendars and attend!  We are hosting this event for several reasons: Celebrate the Lord's work at the RELEASED retreat in April Promote the RELEASED retreat for 2014 Encourage community and friendship within our life groups Provide a venue to help connect more women into life groups Introduce you to our Beltway Women Leadership It will also be my pleasure to introduce you to Beltway's Elders' and Pastors' wives and our female pastoral team.  These are 32 incredible women who play an important role of leadership within our church, and I want you to me